- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryServe this colorful dish for a holiday meal or any night of the week. The sauce is delicious over couscous or rice.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots or onions, minced
- 2 lbs boned and skinned chicken breasts, (eight 4-ounce halves)
- 2 Tbs vinegar, balsamic or raspberry
- 16 oz cranberry sauce, whole berry, (1 can)
- 2 cups green apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 Tbs walnuts, chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray large shallow baking dish with vegetable oil spray. Add oil and shallots (or onions) to baking dish and bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Pour vinegar into the baking dish and stir. Add chicken breasts, basting tops with vinegar/shallot mixture. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Mix together cranberry sauce, apples, dried cranberries, walnuts and curry. Cover chicken with sauce and bake an additional 15–20 minutes until chicken is cooked and sauces bubbles