- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots or onions, minced
- 2 lbs boned and skinned chicken breasts, (eight 4-ounce halves)
- 2 Tbs vinegar, balsamic or raspberry
- 16 oz cranberry sauce, whole berry, (1 can)
- 2 cups green apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 Tbs walnuts, chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray large shallow baking dish with vegetable oil spray. Add oil and shallots (or onions) to baking dish and bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Pour vinegar into the baking dish and stir. Add chicken breasts, basting tops with vinegar/shallot mixture. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Mix together cranberry sauce, apples, dried cranberries, walnuts and curry. Cover chicken with sauce and bake an additional 15–20 minutes until chicken is cooked and sauces bubbles
NotesServe this colorful dish for a holiday meal or any night of the week. The sauce is delicious over couscous or rice.