- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 12-14
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 box Dassant Pumpkin Bread Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- [Note: Prepare up to 2 days ahead.]
- For Pudding:
- 8 to 9 thick slices pumpkin bread
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup currants
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- For Bread:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Lightly grease 8x4 loaf pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Combine eggs, oil, water, and canned pumpkin. Add mix.
- Fold together until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- For Pudding:
- Use 8 to 9 slices of pumpkin bread, cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Combine bread cubes, cranberries, and currants; set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, sugars, vanilla, cream, and milk.
- Add pumpkin mixture and soak bread 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer to 13x9 glass pan, leveling and pressing down firmly.
- Bake for 25 minutes covered with aluminum foil and 20 to 25 minutes uncovered.
- Serve with a dollop of whipping cream (optional).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More