- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (this is not a typo)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease large cookie sheets.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate over low heat in the top of a double boiler or in the microwave (at 50% power) and cool.
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream butter.
- Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in 1 cup white chocolate chips and the dried cranberries.
- If dough feels very soft or wet, chill for 10 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoons on to greased cookie sheets. Bake until cookies look dry and cracked but still feel soft when pressed lightly, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand on sheets 3 minutes.
- Remove to rack and let cool completely.
- Place 1 cup white chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on medium (50%) power for 30 seconds. Stir.
- Continue microwaving for 10 seconds and stir again.
- Repeat just until white chocolate is melted. Scrape melted white chocolate into a ziplock baggie.
- With a sharp scissors, snip off a very small corner of the baggie.
- Drizzle top of cookies with zig-zags of melted white chocolate.
- Cool until chocolate is set.
- makes about 26 cookies
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More