- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cranberry tea leaves (I used Adagio Cranberry Tea)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lb venison (cut into large cubes)
- 1-2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (fresh is best)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (cut into chunks JUST large enough to fit on kebob skewers)
- white pepper
- Using the first three ingredients (lemon juice, tea leaves and water) brew tea and cool.
- Separate out one cup of brewed tea mix and set aside in refrigerator.
- Marinate cubed venison in the remaining two cups of tea mixture overnight.
- Place on kebob skewers alternating the cranberries, meat and peppers.
- Brush remaining cup of tea over the raw kebobs and sprinkle Thyme and other seasonings over the kebobs and grill over an open flame until desired done-ness. (or cook in an oven at 375).
NotesI actually created this recipe for a cooking with tea contest, and was surprisingly pleased with the result. I like to try new and different things, and it had been ages since I'd had venison (folks don't seem as into it on the West Coast as they are back home East) and was pretty eager to try it out! Folks I have made this for, or who have tried it on their own seem to like it for special occasion fall/winter meals.
A Falcon Feast
The Italian Exchange
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More