- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups of cranberry juice
- 1 cup of jalapeno peppers, chopped & seeded
- 7 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 2 pouches of liquid fruit pectin
- 10 drops of red food coloring, optional
- Have sterilized jars and lids ready to go. Place cranberry juice & peppers in a blender, cover & process until the peppers are fully chopped. Strain through a double thickness of cheesecloth. Pour the strained juice into a large kettle and add the sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the vinegar & pectin, return to a full rolling boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, skim foam and add food coloring.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Yield: 8 1/2 pints
NotesI made an extra hot batch for my husband this year and added 4 Habanero peppers to the mix!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Walnut, Honey & Espresso Caramels
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Rice PuddingSee More