- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups of cranberry juice
- 1 cup of jalapeno peppers, chopped & seeded
- 7 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 2 pouches of liquid fruit pectin
- 10 drops of red food coloring, optional
- Have sterilized jars and lids ready to go. Place cranberry juice & peppers in a blender, cover & process until the peppers are fully chopped. Strain through a double thickness of cheesecloth. Pour the strained juice into a large kettle and add the sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the vinegar & pectin, return to a full rolling boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, skim foam and add food coloring.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Yield: 8 1/2 pints
NotesI made an extra hot batch for my husband this year and added 4 Habanero peppers to the mix!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The One Dollar Cookbook
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More