- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (3 ounce) pkg. any red Jell-O (or equivalent flavored gelatin)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 envelope Knox Gelatin (or equivalent un-flavored gelatin)
- 1 (16 ounce) Ocean Spray (or equivalent) whole cranberry sauce
- 1 small apple
- 3/4 cup broken or coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar (to taste)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- Dissolve Jell-O in boiling water according to package instructions, using the one cup of hot water only.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Use the directions on the Knox package to dissolve the gelatin with small amount of cold water; when dissolved add to the hot Jell-O mixture.
- Add can of cranberries.
- Using a spoon, break up all lumps of cranberry sauce.
- Cut the apple in half and each half into quarters and each quarter into half.
- Slice each portion into very thin slices.
- Add apples, chopped celery, nuts and drained pineapple.
- Place mixture into a glass bowl or a greased Jell-O mold, refrigerate.
NotesThis reminds me of turkey day, but it is good served with grilled ham or chicken as a cool sidee.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
NFPG Recipe Collection
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More