- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 6-ounce package wild strawberry-flavored gelatin dessert mix
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 16-ounce can Ocean Spray® whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 8-ounce container frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, thaw slightly
- 1 10-ounce can frozen margarita mix, thawed
- 1/2 cup tequila, optional
- Spray 6-cup gelatin mold with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine gelatin dessert mix and boiling water in a large bowl, stirring until gelatin has dissolved. Place cranberry sauce in a small bowl and beat with a fork until smooth. Stir into gelatin mixture. Add remaining ingredients, mixing well. Pour into mold. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or until serving time.
- When ready to serve, dip mold into warm water for 7 to 10 seconds or until gelatin loosens. Place serving plate on top of mold, invert and remove mold.
- Variation: For individual servings, dip the rims of 10 margarita glasses in Cranberry Sugar 2 or 3 times or until rims are thickly coated with cranberry sugar. (No need to moisten rims first.). Prepare recipe as directed, and divide salad mixture into glasses. Store in refrigerator. Just before serving, garnish each glass with a lime twist.
- Cranberry Sugar
- Place 1 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons fresh cranberries in a food processor. Process until smooth and evenly-colored. Spoon sugar into shallow dish.
- Contributor: Ocean Spray
- Yield: 10 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More