- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (16-ounce) can cranberry sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chili sauce
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Shape mixture into about 54 (1-inch) balls.
- Cook meatballs, in batches, in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned (about 5 minutes); remove meatballs from pan, and drain well on paper towels.
- Stir together cranberry and chili sauces and next 5 ingredients in a large Dutch oven over medium heat, and cook, whisking occasionally, 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Add meatballs; reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until centers are no longer pink.
- Note: To make ahead, place cooked meatballs in a zip-top plastic freezer bag, and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
NotesWe had a 'gather around the coffee table' for an appetizer party - these were a hit! I tweaked some of the spices to jazz it up a bit.
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More