- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (16-ounce) can cranberry sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chili sauce
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Shape mixture into about 54 (1-inch) balls.
- Cook meatballs, in batches, in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned (about 5 minutes); remove meatballs from pan, and drain well on paper towels.
- Stir together cranberry and chili sauces and next 5 ingredients in a large Dutch oven over medium heat, and cook, whisking occasionally, 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Add meatballs; reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until centers are no longer pink.
- Note: To make ahead, place cooked meatballs in a zip-top plastic freezer bag, and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
NotesWe had a 'gather around the coffee table' for an appetizer party - these were a hit! I tweaked some of the spices to jazz it up a bit.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More