- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. lemon extract
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, whole
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- grease and flour a 10-cup bundt pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter together until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Place dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together using a whisk to combine well.
- Add dry ingredients, alternately with buttermilk and sour cream to egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add extract and remaining ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Spoon the batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 1 hr. or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Glaze if desired using a mixture of lemon juice and powdered sugar made to a drizzling consistency.