- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup ( 1 1/2 sticks, 6 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cups (4 5/8 ounces) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups King Arthur Traditional Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 cups dried fruit: cranberries, diced apples, chopped dates, raisins, chopped apricots, or the dried fruits of your choice
- 1 cup (3 3/4 ounces) diced pecans or walnuts
- Cream together the butter, sugar, spices, leaveners, salt, and vanilla. Beat in the egg. Add the oats, flour, fruit, and nuts, and stir to combine.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated 350�F oven for 7 minutes; reverse the pans on the racks, and bake for an additional 7 to 8 minutes, until cookies are beginning to brown around the edges, but are still soft in the center.
- Remove from the oven, and cool on a rack. Yield: about 4 dozen cookies
NotesThese 100% whole-grain, golden-brown cookies definitely give fiber a good name!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More