- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 well beaten egg
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Mix orange juice with boiling water to make 3/4 cup total.
- Stir in melted butter and egg.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix liquid ingredients with dry ingredients just until moisted.
- Stir in walnuts, cranberries, and orange rind. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
NotesI got this recipe from a doctor I used to work with about 15 years ago. I was impressed that he could cook this well.
Compliments and thanks to Dr Kemp.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More