- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI got this recipe from a doctor I used to work with about 15 years ago. I was impressed that he could cook this well.
Compliments and thanks to Dr Kemp.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 well beaten egg
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Mix orange juice with boiling water to make 3/4 cup total.
- Stir in melted butter and egg.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix liquid ingredients with dry ingredients just until moisted.
- Stir in walnuts, cranberries, and orange rind. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
The Official "Burnt" Movie Cookbook
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Healthy French 'Toast'
Shaker Lemon Pie by Robin SindelarSee More