- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 well beaten egg
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Mix orange juice with boiling water to make 3/4 cup total.
- Stir in melted butter and egg.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix liquid ingredients with dry ingredients just until moisted.
- Stir in walnuts, cranberries, and orange rind. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
NotesI got this recipe from a doctor I used to work with about 15 years ago. I was impressed that he could cook this well.
Compliments and thanks to Dr Kemp.
Taste of CenturyLink
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More