- Cooking Time: 60 min.
- Servings: 8-10 slices
- Preparation Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups white flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tsp. fresh grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs. salad oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cranberries (I use the food processor)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Combine egg, grated orange peel, orange juice and salad oil.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Bake in greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or till done.
- Remove from pan. Cool. Wrap. Store overnight before cutting.
- Stores very well in the freezer. Wrap in foil and store in ZipLoc bag.
- Wonderful toasted in the toaster!
NotesThis recipe is from the most "stained" page of my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. I can't even imagine how expensive the cranberries are going to be this year, but it will be worth it for this bread. I always triple the recipe and give the bread as gifts during the holidays. It is so pretty and so delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More