- Cooking Time: 60 min.
- Servings: 8-10 slices
- Preparation Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups white flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tsp. fresh grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs. salad oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cranberries (I use the food processor)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Combine egg, grated orange peel, orange juice and salad oil.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Bake in greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or till done.
- Remove from pan. Cool. Wrap. Store overnight before cutting.
- Stores very well in the freezer. Wrap in foil and store in ZipLoc bag.
- Wonderful toasted in the toaster!
NotesThis recipe is from the most "stained" page of my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. I can't even imagine how expensive the cranberries are going to be this year, but it will be worth it for this bread. I always triple the recipe and give the bread as gifts during the holidays. It is so pretty and so delicious!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Austin Personal Training Recipes
It's all about that proteinSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More