- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbls. orange zest
- 1 cup whole fresh cranberries
- Glaze: 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
- In another bowl mix shortneing, sugar, eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and zest thoroughly
- Add flour mixture and mix well
- Fold in cranberries
- Pour into 2 greased bread pans and bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
- Mix sugar and juice until sugar dissolves.
- Pour glaze over breads while still in pans.
- Remove carefully from pans and cool 30 minutes before slicing.
NotesA sweet bread that is better when wrapped in foil and eaten the second day!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More