- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 3/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into small cubes and chilled
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- zest of one orange
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In bowl of food processor, pulse flours, sugar, oats, powder and salt quickly to sift.
- Add butter and pulse until coarse crumbs form.
- Remove top and fold in cranberries and zest.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg, butermilk, and extracts.
- Pour in flour mixture and fold until combined.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and roll out into 1 inch thick round.
- Slice into 8 triangles and place on baking sheet.
- Brush each top with buttermilk and sprinkle with sugar
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden.
- Serve warm.
NotesAdapted from a Quaker Oats Recipe
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More