- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 3/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into small cubes and chilled
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- zest of one orange
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In bowl of food processor, pulse flours, sugar, oats, powder and salt quickly to sift.
- Add butter and pulse until coarse crumbs form.
- Remove top and fold in cranberries and zest.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg, butermilk, and extracts.
- Pour in flour mixture and fold until combined.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and roll out into 1 inch thick round.
- Slice into 8 triangles and place on baking sheet.
- Brush each top with buttermilk and sprinkle with sugar
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden.
- Serve warm.
NotesAdapted from a Quaker Oats Recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More