- Cooking Time: 10 - 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbs. Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbs. Grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or currants)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4-6 tsp. Half and Half
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Cut in margarine or butter.
- Add cranberries, beaten egg and half and half.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead lightly 10 times.
- Divide dough into 2 parts.
- Pat into 6" circle about 1/2" thick.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush with beaten egg white.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
- Cut into wedges to serve
NotesI love scones with a pot of tea.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Italy or Bust
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More