- Cooking Time: 10 - 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbs. Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbs. Grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or currants)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4-6 tsp. Half and Half
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Cut in margarine or butter.
- Add cranberries, beaten egg and half and half.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead lightly 10 times.
- Divide dough into 2 parts.
- Pat into 6" circle about 1/2" thick.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush with beaten egg white.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
- Cut into wedges to serve
NotesI love scones with a pot of tea.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More