- Cooking Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons orange zest
- 1½ cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- 2. Place the granulated sugar in a large bowl. Add the orange zest and, using your fingers, rub the orange zest and the granulated sugar together until the sugar is uniformly moistened with the orange zest.
- 3. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk together. Stir in the cranberries.
- 4. Pour in the cream and, using your fingers or a fork, stir together until combined. Dump mixture onto a lightly floured surface and lightly knead to bring dough together. Pat dough into an 8-inch circle. Cut into 8 triangles and place on baking sheet. Brush the tops of the scones with the melted butter and sprinkle with the granulated sugar.
- 5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the scones are just turning lightly browned. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store at room temperature.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More