- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 1 loaf (or 4 mini loaves
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp shortening
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup cranberries
- 3/4 cups pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1/4 cup demerera sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 (or 10) x 5 loaf pan (or 4 mini loaf pans).
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in the bowl of your stand mixer. Turn on medium and add shortening until combined. Add orange juice, orange zest, and egg. Mix until well-blended. Stir in cranberries and nuts. Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Spread demerera sugar evenly over the top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan and let cool completely. Wrap the cooled loaf tightly with plastic wrap or foil to keep it moist.
NotesA moist, citrusy quick bread studded with fresh cranberries and toasted pecans.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More