- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 pounds white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon solid vegetable shortening
- 3 cups shelled unsalted raw pistachios
- 3 cups dried cranberries
- Line a 12- by 15-inch baking sheet with cooking parchment; butter parchment. Chop 2 pounds white chocolate and place with 1 tablespoon solid vegetable shortening in a heatproof bowl that will nest in a 3- to 4-quart pan. Heat 1 inch of water in the pan just until steaming. Remove from heat and place bowl over water (bowl shouldn't touch water). Stir occasionally just until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove bowl from over pan.
- Stir in 2 cups each shelled unsalted raw pistachios and dried cranberries. Using a flexible spatula, scrape mixture onto buttered parchment and spread 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick (mixture should almost cover sheet). Sprinkle with 1 more cup each pistachios and dried cranberries; gently press into white chocolate.
- Let stand at cool room temperature (see notes) until completely firm, 4 to 6 hours, or overnight. Break or cut bark into pieces. Store airtight in a cool place up to 1 month.
NotesFrom the magazine, "Barks are among the easiest confections you can make. Just exercise a little care in melting the chocolate, and you'll be rewarded with beautiful candy that's perfect for gift-giving--or snacking."
NOTES: The setting time for the bark varies greatly according to the temperature of your home. Although we preferred the texture of the bark set at room temperature, you can set bark in the refrigerator if necessary.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More