- Cooking Time: 32
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place cranberries in a small bowl and add 1/2 cup boiling water, or enough to cover.
- Let stand until cranberries are plump, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- n a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and granulated sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating to incorporate after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients, beating on low, until fully combined.
- Stir in the drained cranberries and pistachios.
- Remove dough to a lightly floured surface.
- Divide in two.
- Roll each piece into a 2 x 18 inch long log and place on prepared baking sheet, leaving about 3 inches between logs.
- Flatten logs slightly with palm of hand.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat remaining egg.
- Brush logs with beaten egg and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack until warm to the touch, about 20 minutes.
- Place logs on a cutting board and cut crosswise on the diagonal into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Return biscotti to baking sheet, cut side down. Bake until biscotti are beginning to brown around the edges, about 12 minutes more.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
NotesMy mother was visiting for Christmas the first time I made these. She and everyone else fell quite in love with them. At holiday time where there are usually so many heavy desserts it's nice to have something relatively guilt-free to offer as well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More