- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Flaky croissant dough or any pie dough or frozen puff pastry - enough for 1 10" puff pastry
- Pizza Sauce:
- 1 bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- For the crust, in the restaurant we use a flaky croissant dough for the crust, but any pie dough or frozen puff pastry will work.
- We are using 1 10" disc puff pastry. Roll crust out onto any baking sheet.
- Find a large bowl and put it upside down on the dough.
- Carve around it with a knife in order to make a perfect round circle.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or up to one day.
- You can do all this the day before if needed.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine 1 bag fresh cranberries, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon zest.
- Stir occasionally, bring to boil and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook until cranberries burst and the mixture reminds you of cranberry jam.
- This will take approximately 8 minutes.
- Cool sauce until it reaches room temperature.
- Take the refrigerated dough and spread it out on a baking sheet that is has non-stick cooking spray.
- Use a ladle spoon to spread the cranberry puree evenly on to the dough as you would a tomato sauce on pizza dough.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven in the lower half of your stove.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the pastry crust is a nice golden brown color, crisp and flaky. Make sure it is not doughy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More