- Cooking Time: 35
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup plain yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour (or use a baking spray) 1 bundt or tube pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, vanilla and sugar until well mixed.
- Slowly add in yogurt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and a dash of salt.
- Slowly incorporate into the yogurt batter.
- Mix thoroughly. It might not look like you have enough batter to fill the pan, but you do.
- It is not a super-tall cake, but it will rise and have a great texture, I promise.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Smooth with the back of a spatula.
- Carefully spoon the cranberry sauce to form a ring around the middle of the pan, without touching the middle or sides.
- Top with the remaining batter and smooth with the back of a spatula.
- Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan about 5 minutes, and then remove to a wire rack. Slice and eat.
NotesBy Rachel Rappaport a Baltimore Blogger
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More