- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- Servings: 4 cups Salsa-26 chips
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cranberry Salsa:
- 1 bag (12 ounces) Fresh or Frozen Cranberries (no need to thaw)
- 2 Granny Smith Apples (small size), peeled, cored, cut in large chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/3 medium red onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, cut in half and de-seeded
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 package (14 ozs) Spinach Tortillas
- Put cranberries in food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a large glass bowl (the mixture will stain a plastic bowl). Put apple, ginger, red onion, cilantro leaves, and jalapeno in food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Transfer mixture to the bowl containing the cranberries, and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients (sugar, juice and zest) until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours (this will let the flavors all meld together and release the fruit juices). Stir well and transfer to jars with lids and refrigerate.
- Chips: Heat oven to 375 degrees. Using a cookie cutter (3 inch cutter) cut 6 trees from each tortilla. Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes or until crisp. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with salsa.
- You can store chips in plastic bags or small treat bags and give as gifts with the salsa.
- Planning tip: The Salsa and chips can be made and packaged up to 2 weeks ahead. Store chips at room temperature.
- Party serving tip: Use a package of low fat cream cheese softened, cup up and place on serving dish, cover with 1 cup or more of the salsa. Serve with fresh veggies, crackers, or tree chips.
NotesI found this recipe in a magazine about 5 years ago. I made it as gifts for my friends and co-workers. I have people call me for it every year even though I don't work with them any more. Over the years, I have changed up the recipe to make it "My Way" and I think it tastes better than the original recipe! It is bright and festive, tastes great so I decided to add it here so I can share it with my new friends!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More