- Cooking Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 sticks cold butter
- 1 3/4 cups half and half
- Optional: Re-hydrate dried cranberries or raisins soaked in a licquer.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda nd baking powder
- Cut in cold butter with pastry blender or two knives
- Add 1 1/2 cups of milk
- At this point add the drained berries, or raisins. Or fresh blueberries. If using frozen berries, do not thaw out.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board and knead a little. Do not over do it.
- Pat into a round shape and cut into eighths.
- Brush remaing milk on top of scones and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Place on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, check and bake a little longer if needed. 350 degrees
- Serve with lemon curd and Devonshire cream.
NotesThis is a pretty basic recipe for scones and you can add canberries, raisins, nuts, or fresh or frozen blueberries.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Special SmoothiesSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More