- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar plus additional 1/3-1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Cut a piece of Reynolds parchment paper to fit the bottom and sides of a 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Grease with butter (optional).
- Sprinkle the cranberries and pecans evenly over the bottom of the pan/parchment. Evenly sprinkle 1/3 cup of sugar over the berries.
- Melt 6 Tbsp. of the butter and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together 1/3-1/2 cup sugar and egg until thick and pale in color. Slowly beat in flour and salt. Add the butter slowly and beat until smooth.
- Pour batter carefully over the cranberries to cover them. Bake 45 minutes until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- Remove the cake by inverting it onto a serving dish and removing the Reynolds parchment paper. Without the parchment, the cake always stuck and had to be pryed out revealing a messy finished product, so do use the Reynolds parchment paper.
- Serve warm or cold, garnished with whipped cream if desired.
NotesI love cranberries. I found this recipe a few years ago and absolutely love it. Although it's not quite my original, I've altered it a bit to our taste. The tart berries and sweet batter make this a special treat whether served warm or cold. My only problem was it never came out of the pan, but alas, Reynolds parchment paper saves the day!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More