- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Lemon Cake mix (follow directions)
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 2 cups light-brown sugar
- 2 pounds cranberries
- Butter flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray bottom of 2 9 x 9 inch cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar and pour the mixture into the bottom of the cake pans.
- Place the cranberries in the cake pans on top of the butter and sugar mixture.
- Spread the batter over the fruit in the cake pans and bake according to directions or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes come out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and run a knife around the edges.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Invert the cakes onto serving platters and let it
- sit another 5 minutes, then remove the pans.
NotesThe original recipe calls for making the cake from scratch, but to save time my wife yesterday used a Betty Crocker Lemon cake mix. The Cranberrry Upside Down Cake was a hit at our Bible Study Class Christmas party.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More