- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe original recipe calls for making the cake from scratch, but to save time my wife yesterday used a Betty Crocker Lemon cake mix. The Cranberrry Upside Down Cake was a hit at our Bible Study Class Christmas party.
- 1 Lemon Cake mix (follow directions)
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 2 cups light-brown sugar
- 2 pounds cranberries
- Butter flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray bottom of 2 9 x 9 inch cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar and pour the mixture into the bottom of the cake pans.
- Place the cranberries in the cake pans on top of the butter and sugar mixture.
- Spread the batter over the fruit in the cake pans and bake according to directions or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes come out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and run a knife around the edges.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Invert the cakes onto serving platters and let it
- sit another 5 minutes, then remove the pans.