- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 package (12 ounces)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 ½ cups cake flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat the butter for the topping in a small saucee¬pan until melted. Add the sugar and water and cook, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Add the cranberries and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered 8-inch square baking dish. Set it aside while preparing the cake batter
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until light. Add the brown sugar and beat until blended. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the sour cream, vanilla and orange peel. Mix.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture and beat until the ingredients are blended and the batter is light, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon the batter evenly over the cranberry mixture in the baking pan and use the back of the spoon or a spatula to spread it smooth.
- Bake until the cake tests done in the center, about 40 to 45 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and let it stand 5 minutes, then invert it onto a serving platter. Cool slightly before butting and serving warm.
NotesI found in a couple of years ago in the Food section of the LA Times. It's a great recipe for the holidays.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More