- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 package (12 ounces)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 ½ cups cake flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat the butter for the topping in a small saucee¬pan until melted. Add the sugar and water and cook, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Add the cranberries and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered 8-inch square baking dish. Set it aside while preparing the cake batter
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until light. Add the brown sugar and beat until blended. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the sour cream, vanilla and orange peel. Mix.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture and beat until the ingredients are blended and the batter is light, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon the batter evenly over the cranberry mixture in the baking pan and use the back of the spoon or a spatula to spread it smooth.
- Bake until the cake tests done in the center, about 40 to 45 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and let it stand 5 minutes, then invert it onto a serving platter. Cool slightly before butting and serving warm.
NotesI found in a couple of years ago in the Food section of the LA Times. It's a great recipe for the holidays.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More