- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup stick Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 375. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine shortening and sugars in large bowl and mix on medium until well combined. Add eggs one at a time and add vanilla. Add dry ingredients in two batches, beating on low speed until mixed well. Manually stir in oats, cranberries, and walnuts. Put dough in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to chill.
- Form dough into balls (about 2 Tbsp) and place 2-3 inches apart on a baking mat or greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes until edges are golden brown and the centers still appear soft. Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes and transfer to a rack to completely cool. Store cookies at room temperature in an airtight container.
NotesA wonderful cookie - crispy on the outer edges, and super chewy in the middle. Use them to make an ice cream sandwich for a summer treat!
Jean’s Recipe File
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More