- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup stick Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 375. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine shortening and sugars in large bowl and mix on medium until well combined. Add eggs one at a time and add vanilla. Add dry ingredients in two batches, beating on low speed until mixed well. Manually stir in oats, cranberries, and walnuts. Put dough in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to chill.
- Form dough into balls (about 2 Tbsp) and place 2-3 inches apart on a baking mat or greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes until edges are golden brown and the centers still appear soft. Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes and transfer to a rack to completely cool. Store cookies at room temperature in an airtight container.
NotesA wonderful cookie - crispy on the outer edges, and super chewy in the middle. Use them to make an ice cream sandwich for a summer treat!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More