CRANBERRY WALNUT STUFFED PORK CHOPS WITH DIJON CREAM
- Cooking Time: 10-15
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Double thick cut pork chops
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 slices wheat bread, toasted and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbls. fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbls. fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. boiling water
- 2 Tbls. dijon mustard
- 1/2 c. half and half
- 1/4 c. cognac or apricot nectar
- Soak cranberries in boiling water until plump. Drain and save liquid.
- Add berries, bread, nuts, thyme, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper to a food processor and pulse until combined. Add a small amount of reserved water and pulse, repeat until mixture holds together, but is not wet.
- Slice a pocket into pork and season with salt and pepper. Heat a bit of oil in a pan and brown both sides of pork well. Remove from heat.
- Stuff each chop with half stuffing mixture. Bake at 350 degrees F. in a glass casserole about 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- De-glaze same pan with cognac, add cream. Whisk in dijon, season with salt and pepper, and simmer until thickened. Pour over chops when ready to serve.