- Cooking Time: 18-20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryWhat better way to kick off the holiday season than with some nice, tart and pretty cranberries? Here, I paired them with some sweet, white chocolate and made some very pretty muffins.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange peel (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 (3.5-4 oz) bar of good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.; line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, orange peel, and salt. Stir in the white chocolate and the cranberries. In another bowl, stir together the buttermilk, egg, butter or coconut oil and vanilla. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry, stirring until just mixed, being careful to not over beat. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins. Sprinkle the remaining sugar evenly over the muffin tops.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack.