- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup tightly packed shredded zucchini
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice (save remaining juice for another use). Place the pineapple and reserved juice in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, vanilla, pineapple mixture; beat into the dry ingredients until blended. Fold in the zucchini, cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350Ã‚Â° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 cakes (8 wedges each).
NotesThis is a recipe I came up with to enter a Squash contest in Taste of Home magazine. I placed as a runner up!
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More