- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup tightly packed shredded zucchini
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice (save remaining juice for another use). Place the pineapple and reserved juice in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, vanilla, pineapple mixture; beat into the dry ingredients until blended. Fold in the zucchini, cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350Ã‚Â° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 cakes (8 wedges each).
NotesThis is a recipe I came up with to enter a Squash contest in Taste of Home magazine. I placed as a runner up!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Vegan Eats!See More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More