- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 lb. Butter (no substitutes)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup red raspberry jam
- In mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs and blend well.
- Gradually add flour; fold in pecans, reserving a little to sprinkle on top.
- Grease an 8" square pan.
- Spread half of the batter evenly in the cake pan.
- Top with jam and sprinkle the rest of the pecans on top.
- Pour the remaining batter on top, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into bars.
NotesOne of the only memories I have left of my "Cranny", my Grandmother, was these cookies. I can remember the smell of raspberries. These are unbelieveable!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Camp Nubar Baking Class
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More