- Cooking Time: 35-45 minutes
- Preparation Time: 2-3 minutes, if even
- baby red potatoes (or other small potatoes)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- soft butter
- minced garlic
- Boil as many potatoes as you want till fork tender.
- Generously oil a cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Put the potatoes on it and smash them down a bit with a potato masher or the bottom of a glass. If you use a glass fluff them a but with a fork, if you use a masher press them once then turn the masher 90 degrees then press down again. You want them to still be 3/4 - 1 inch thick
- Sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper, don't be shy potatoes need lots of salt.
- Mix together the butter and garlic. Place a half tsp or so (more if you want more) on each potato.
- Bake on the top rack at 450 till golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
NotesThis recipe has been talked about a lot lately, so I figured I would post it here to share with everyone. I saw it on Pioneer Woman Cooks a couple months ago and she got it from an Australian reader of hers. This is possibly the greatest potato side dish ever. Ever. They are simple and incredibly versatile. You don't have to use the garlic butter, you can match them to whatever you are eating with stuff like cheese and bacon or fresh herbs and olive oil. They want some kind of fat (butter, oil, bacon grease, etc) on top while they are baking, but any kind will do. Once they are done top them with stuff like more cheese, sour cream, pesto, cream sauce, chili, softened cream cheese mixed with garlic and onion, whatever you can think of.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More