- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16 small, round potatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fennel or caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp thyme or rosemary sprigs
- Heat oven to 230 or 250C - yes, hot. Don't peel the potatoes. Just bung them into a pot of salted water, bring to the boil, and simmer for around 15 minutes until they'll take a skewer without too much resistance. They should be just about cooked, without being soft.
- Drain, and arrange on a lightly oiled baking tray or sheet. Use a potato masher to squash each potato flat, until it is twice its original diameter.
- Brush the tops with olive oil, and scatter with sea salt, pepper, fennel seeds and thyme.
- Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until terminally crisp and golden. Serve hot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More