- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16 small, round potatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fennel or caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp thyme or rosemary sprigs
- Heat oven to 230 or 250C - yes, hot. Don't peel the potatoes. Just bung them into a pot of salted water, bring to the boil, and simmer for around 15 minutes until they'll take a skewer without too much resistance. They should be just about cooked, without being soft.
- Drain, and arrange on a lightly oiled baking tray or sheet. Use a potato masher to squash each potato flat, until it is twice its original diameter.
- Brush the tops with olive oil, and scatter with sea salt, pepper, fennel seeds and thyme.
- Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until terminally crisp and golden. Serve hot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More