- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb crawfish tail meat
- 1/4 C butter
- 1/4 C flour
- 1 1/3 C onion, diced
- 1 1/3 C celery, diced
- 1 1/3 C bell pepper, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C diced tomatoes
- 1 heaping TBLS Cajun seasoning
- 4 cups shicken stock (chicken stock that has had shrimp shells simmered in it)
- Tabasco, a few good shakes
- salt & pepper
- Hot cooked white rice
- Saute onion, celery, and peppers in a little oil.
- In a separate pot, melt butter on medium heat.
- Make a roux by gradually stirring in flour.
- Don't walk away.
- Continue stirring and cooking until flour mixture is peanut butter colored.
- Add sauteed veggies to roux and mix thoroughly.
- Add tomatoes, Cajun seasoning, shicken stock, Tabasco and salt & pepper to taste.
- Simmer 15 - 30 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
NotesAnother recipe from our Mardi Gras feast!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More