- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb crawfish tail meat
- 1/4 C butter
- 1/4 C flour
- 1 1/3 C onion, diced
- 1 1/3 C celery, diced
- 1 1/3 C bell pepper, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C diced tomatoes
- 1 heaping TBLS Cajun seasoning
- 4 cups shicken stock (chicken stock that has had shrimp shells simmered in it)
- Tabasco, a few good shakes
- salt & pepper
- Hot cooked white rice
- Saute onion, celery, and peppers in a little oil.
- In a separate pot, melt butter on medium heat.
- Make a roux by gradually stirring in flour.
- Don't walk away.
- Continue stirring and cooking until flour mixture is peanut butter colored.
- Add sauteed veggies to roux and mix thoroughly.
- Add tomatoes, Cajun seasoning, shicken stock, Tabasco and salt & pepper to taste.
- Simmer 15 - 30 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
NotesAnother recipe from our Mardi Gras feast!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More