- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tbsps butter;melted
- 24 fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tbsps minced green onions
- 1 fresh lemon (or tsp lemon juice)
- 1 cup diced cooked crawfish tails
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- 3/4 cup monteray jack chees (shredded and divided)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Spice mix
- Preheat oven to 400. prepare a 9x13 bakind dish w/ prepared 3Tbsp butter.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Place caps aside and finely chop stems.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in chopped stems, green onions and cook until softened. Remove from heat. Squeeze lemon or stir in lemon juice, add crawfish meat, soft bread crumbs, egg, dill weed and 1/4 cup of monteray jack cheese. Add spice mix if you would like. Blend mixture thoroughly.
- Place caps in the buttered pan and stir until coated. Arrange cavity side up and stuff generously with the crawfish mixture. Sprinkle with spice mixture. Pour wine over mushrooms.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- These are delicious as an appetizer or light meal. Enjoy!
Noteslive in the "low country" and had extra crawfish left over after a boil, and decided to tweak the everyday stuffed shroom recipe and made it low country-licious.
First... the extra spice is a mix of cajun seasoning and seasoning salt... mixed to your spice threshold. We like ours extra spicy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
The Naked Macaron
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More