- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 sm. head cabbage, chopped
- 2 pkg ramen noodles (I use beef)
- 1 bag frozen brussel sprouts
- 4 c. water
- 1 med. onion, sliced
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 12 oz pkg bacon chopped and partially cooked
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Partially cook bacon until almost brown.
- Drain all but 2-3 Tbls.
- Parboil sprouts & drain.
- Place water and sugar in pan.
- Cook on medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in 2-3 Tbls bacon grease and the seasoning packets from the ramen noodles
- Place cabbage, brussels sprouts, cooked, drained bacon, ramen noodle and onion, into the crock pot
- Pour liquid over top
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours; until cabbage is done to your liking
- Serve and enjoy.
NotesI made this up after tasting it at a pot luck.....
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
The Naked Macaron
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More