- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 sm. head cabbage, chopped
- 2 pkg ramen noodles (I use beef)
- 1 bag frozen brussel sprouts
- 4 c. water
- 1 med. onion, sliced
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 12 oz pkg bacon chopped and partially cooked
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Partially cook bacon until almost brown.
- Drain all but 2-3 Tbls.
- Parboil sprouts & drain.
- Place water and sugar in pan.
- Cook on medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in 2-3 Tbls bacon grease and the seasoning packets from the ramen noodles
- Place cabbage, brussels sprouts, cooked, drained bacon, ramen noodle and onion, into the crock pot
- Pour liquid over top
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours; until cabbage is done to your liking
- Serve and enjoy.
NotesI made this up after tasting it at a pot luck.....
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More