- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time:
- 4 oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast; cut into strips
- 2 corn taco shells
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Torani Sugar Free Coconut Syrup
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. pineapple salsa (like the ones by Trader Joe's or Newman's Own)
- Optional: fat-free sour cream
- Place coconut syrup, vinegar, garlic powder and salt in a medium-sized pot. Add 1/2 cup of water, and stir to mix. Place chicken and pepper slices in the pot, and set stove to low heat.
- Stirring occasionally, cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender (about 15 minutes). Remove pot from heat, and drain liquid completely.
- Evenly distribute chicken and pepper strips among the shells. Top each taco with 1 tbsp. of the salsa. If desired, add some FF sour cream. Enjoy!
- HG Alternative! You can also make this recipe without the Torani Syrup -- in its place just add an extra 1/4 cup of water, 1 tsp. coconut extract and 1 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated, not the packets).
- MAKES 1 SERVING
NotesPER SERVING (2 tacos): 260 calories, 5.5g fat, 467mg sodium, 21g carbs, 3g fiber, 5g sugars, 28g protein -- POINTS® value 5*
If you've always dreamed of tropical tacos, today is your lucky day!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More