CRAZY-GOOD COCONUT CHICKEN TACOS
Crazy-Good Coconut Chicken Tacos
- Servings: 1
- 4 oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast; cut into strips
- 2 corn taco shells
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Torani Sugar Free Coconut Syrup
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. pineapple salsa (like the ones by Trader Joe's or Newman's Own)
- Optional: fat-free sour cream
Place coconut syrup, vinegar, garlic powder and salt in a medium-sized pot. Add 1/2 cup of water, and stir to mix. Place chicken and pepper slices in the pot, and set stove to low heat.
Stirring occasionally, cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender (about 15 minutes). Remove pot from heat, and drain liquid completely.
Evenly distribute chicken and pepper strips among the shells. Top each taco with 1 tbsp. of the salsa. If desired, add some FF sour cream. Enjoy!
HG Alternative! You can also make this recipe without the Torani Syrup -- in its place just add an extra 1/4 cup of water, 1 tsp. coconut extract and 1 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated, not the packets).
MAKES 1 SERVING
If you've always dreamed of tropical tacos, today is your lucky day!