- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl and combine. Add half the butter to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Add the cream in by 1/3'rds, mixing well each time. Stir until dough holds together and feels tender.
- Take dough out of bowl and knead for 1 minute until no cracks in dough. Wrap dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place refrigerated dough onto lightly floured surface and shape into a circle about a 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into circles and place on parchment lined sheet pan. Place biscuits right next to each other on pan, as this pushes them off of each other and helps them to rise straight up.
- Brush biscuits with remaining melted butter and bake 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
NotesAnother recipe from my pastry arts class.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Vegan Eats!See More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More