- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups biscuit mix (Bisquick, Pioneer, etc)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Cream sugar and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in bananas, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in biscuit mix and nuts just until ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9x5x3 loaf pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cover with foil the last 15 minutes if it's too brown.
- Notes: you can use mini loaf pans instead and decrease the baking time to 35-45 minutes. I also prefer my bread a little sweeter so I increased the sugar to 1-1/4 cups. I also sprinkle a cinnamon-sugar mixture on top before baking.
NotesThis is the BEST banana bread recipe I've ever found. I have tried others and keep coming back to this one.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Christmas CookiesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More