- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups biscuit mix (Bisquick, Pioneer, etc)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Cream sugar and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in bananas, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in biscuit mix and nuts just until ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9x5x3 loaf pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cover with foil the last 15 minutes if it's too brown.
- Notes: you can use mini loaf pans instead and decrease the baking time to 35-45 minutes. I also prefer my bread a little sweeter so I increased the sugar to 1-1/4 cups. I also sprinkle a cinnamon-sugar mixture on top before baking.
NotesThis is the BEST banana bread recipe I've ever found. I have tried others and keep coming back to this one.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More