- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 18 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, grated
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar substitute, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in coconut. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in grated chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
NotesThese pretty coconut-speckled candies are rolled in grated chocolate, but you could also coat them in finely chopped nuts or chocolate sprinkles. I sometimes substitute almond extract for the vanilla and coat them in chopped toasted almonds. Indulge without the guilt!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More