- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 18 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, grated
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar substitute, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in coconut. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in grated chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
NotesThese pretty coconut-speckled candies are rolled in grated chocolate, but you could also coat them in finely chopped nuts or chocolate sprinkles. I sometimes substitute almond extract for the vanilla and coat them in chopped toasted almonds. Indulge without the guilt!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More