- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup preserves, any flavor
- nuts of choice, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix well first 4 ingredients.
- Divide dough in half and chill 1 hour.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out 1/8 inch thick.
- Use a 2 inch diameter round cookie cutter to cut 3 dozen bases.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Put 1/4 teaspoon preserves in center of each base and sprinkle with nuts.
- Use a 1 inch diameter round cookie cutter to cut out tops from remaining dough, rerolling scraps as necessary.
- Place a 1 inch top over the preserves on each 2 inch base.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Store in sealed container.
- Makes:36 cookies
NotesThis recipe as been a Christmas Favorite of my family for generations. Now I have passed it down to my daughter so she can make tem too, They are very light and airy and Oh yes Very good! Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More