- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups (about 1 pound) powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together on high. Reduce speed and beat in sugar until fluffy; beat in vanilla.
- Per serving (1/24 of recipe): 143 calories; 7g fat; 4.5g saturated fat; 20mg cholesterol; 1g protein; 19g carbohydrate; 18.5g sugar; no fiber; 29mg sodium; 9mg calcium; 13mg potassium.
- Yield: Frosting for 12 to 24 cupcakes
NotesAdapted from "The Greystone Bakery Cookbook," by Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan (Rodale, $26).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More