- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups (about 1 pound) powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together on high. Reduce speed and beat in sugar until fluffy; beat in vanilla.
- Per serving (1/24 of recipe): 143 calories; 7g fat; 4.5g saturated fat; 20mg cholesterol; 1g protein; 19g carbohydrate; 18.5g sugar; no fiber; 29mg sodium; 9mg calcium; 13mg potassium.
- Yield: Frosting for 12 to 24 cupcakes
NotesAdapted from "The Greystone Bakery Cookbook," by Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan (Rodale, $26).