- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 18 jumbo black olives, pitted
- 1 (8 ounce) package onion & chive cream cheese, softened
- 18 small black olives
- 1 carrot (cut thin)
- Cut a slit from top to bottom, lengthwise, into the side of each jumbo olive.
- Carefully insert about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese into each olive.
- Slice the carrot into eighteen 1/4 inch thick rounds; cut a small notch out of each carrot slice to form feet.
- Save the cut out piece and press into center of small olive to form the beak. If necessary cut a small slit into each olive before inserting the beak.
- Set a big olive, large hole side down, onto a carrot slice.
- Then, set a small olive onto the large olive, adjusting so that the beak, cream cheese chest and notch in the carrot slice line up.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- piped filling into olive, worked well. This is a cake plate covered with plastic wrap before taping it down. The layers are all from one Styrofoam disc, also wrapped in plastic. Also a cheese ball can be used and I even did one cheese ball in shape of a Christmas tree covered in green sugar and place a star shaped carrot on top of tree w/these little guys around it. GREAT for a conversation and they taste good too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More