- Cooking Time: 90
- Preparation Time: 30
BackstoryAfter a lot of trial and error I have found the perfect pound cake recipe. Most people cut back on the butter because of the addition of cream cheese but not me. I love the way the butter tastes in this cake so I left it at one pound and voila!
- 4 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 c. Sugar
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 c. cake flour, sifted
- Cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar (about 7 minutes on the highest setting of a stand mixer). Once this mixture is creamed together well the color will soften and the texture should be fluffy then you can add the eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Add vanilla and gradually add the flour. During this stage, leave the stand mixer setting at low. You just need to incorporate the flour into the mixture, not fluff it further. Pour the batter into a bundt pan and bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. If you like, you can add 1 cup of crushed nuts to the batter, this usually adds a little more time to the baking.