- Cooking Time: 60-75
- Servings: 2 loaves
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups of sifted flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Spray two 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pans with Pam for baking spray (or grease and lightly flour them).
- Using your electric mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese together until creamy.
- Gradually add the sugar with the mixer still running, and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the salt and vanilla.
- Add the eggs to the mix, one at a time.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Stop the electric mixer and sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl. With a rubber spatula, fold the flour into the mix, until no traces of flour are seen and the batter is smooth.
- Divide the batter between the loaf pans.
- Tap the pans and let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Bake until the tops are golden and become slightly cracked; and when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 60-75 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let the pans cool for 15 minutes.
- Turn the cakes out of the pans and let cool completely before serving.
NotesA great canvas for the summer's beautiful berries!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Recipes for Vitality
Nick's PicksSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More