- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups margarine or sweet butter, softened
- 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Do not preheat the oven. Grease and flour a 12 cup tube pan.
- Sift together the flour and salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the margarine, cream cheese, and sugar on low speed for 10 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs alternately with the dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Set the oven temperature to 325º and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan.
NotesI started making this cake in 1975, when my daughter was 3 years old.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More