- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups margarine or sweet butter, softened
- 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Do not preheat the oven. Grease and flour a 12 cup tube pan.
- Sift together the flour and salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the margarine, cream cheese, and sugar on low speed for 10 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs alternately with the dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Set the oven temperature to 325º and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan.
NotesI started making this cake in 1975, when my daughter was 3 years old.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Black and White Cupcakes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
Barbecued BeefSee More