- Cooking Time: 8 Minutes per Batch
- Servings: 72
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 Cup Butter Shortening
- 1 8 Ounce Package Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Cream together Cream Cheese, Shortening and Sugar
- Add Egg Yolk, Vanilla and Salt and mix together
- Slowly add Flour until completely Mixed
- Divide dough and add food color based on the number of shapes you are planning to create
- Pack dough into a cookie press fitted with desired plate
- Force dough through the cookie press onto an ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake for aproximately 8 minutes or until the bottoms of cookies are slightly brown.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely
- Note: These cookies store at room temperature for up to 3 weeks or freeze well for up to 3 months.
NotesGrowing up this was one of most fun cookies to make because we got to help decorate them ourselves! We made green Christmas Tree shapes, Pink Hearts and White Stars and my mom would get all the colored sprinkles and jimmies she could find for us to decorate with.
If you don't already have a cookie press...definately invest in one! You don't have to spend a lot to find a great one and they make your cookies look beautiful!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More