CREAM CHEESE STROGANOFF
- 1lb Strips of beef (I have also used chicken and pork)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 can cream of chicken (or mushroom) soup
- white wine (fill the soup can), can use chicken stock as well...but I love the flavor of the wine.
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms or 1 lg bellpepper, sliced (I use whichever I have in the house but, I don't like it with both)
- 1 block (8oz) cream cheese, cubed
- chopped garlic - I use the stuff already chopped in the jar so, about 1 tsp.
- approx 1T. olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
Saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
When nearly transparent add meat and brown.
Once meat is browned, add cream cheese and melt.
After cream cheese is melted add soup, wine and reamining veggies.
Cover and simmer until veggies are tender.
I serve over rice. YUMMY!