- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1lb Strips of beef (I have also used chicken and pork)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 can cream of chicken (or mushroom) soup
- white wine (fill the soup can), can use chicken stock as well...but I love the flavor of the wine.
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms or 1 lg bellpepper, sliced (I use whichever I have in the house but, I don't like it with both)
- 1 block (8oz) cream cheese, cubed
- chopped garlic - I use the stuff already chopped in the jar so, about 1 tsp.
- approx 1T. olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- When nearly transparent add meat and brown.
- Once meat is browned, add cream cheese and melt.
- After cream cheese is melted add soup, wine and reamining veggies.
- Cover and simmer until veggies are tender.
- I serve over rice. YUMMY!
NotesThis has become a staple in our house because it is so simple and we always have the ingredients.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More