CREAM-CHEESE STUFFED CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- Cooking Time: 30-35
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder, preferably Dutch-processed
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c. hot water
- 3/4 c. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. instant cofee crystals (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- To make the filling, in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until fluffy, about 5 minutes, scraping the bowl often, and then blend in the egg yolk and vanilla. Add the sugar and chips and mix for a few seconds on low to fold them in.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line 2 (12 cup) muffin tins with cupcake paper liners.
- To make the cupcakes, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. In a large measuring cup, combine the water, oil, vinegar, instant coffee, and vanilla. Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined (don't worry if there are a few lumps).
- Fill each cupcake liner two-thirds full of batter. Drop a heaping tsp. of the cream cheese filling into the center of each.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the cupcakes have puffed on top and are firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the tins.
NotesFrom Gale Gand's book: "Chocolate and Vanilla". These cupcakes are moist and chocolaty with a little surprise in the center. Delish!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More